NTMir's mission is to save and improve lives through research, education, early detection, and improved treatments for people with pulmonary nontuberculous mycobacterial (NTM) disease.
- Rapid Information Pilot Studies (RIPS)™, an innovative program that provides guidance about pressing research issues to secure large-scale research funding.
- Work with patient support groups who participate in the NTMir mission.
- Minimize lung damage associated with bronchiectasis and inflammation by supporting basic science, including the development of new medications, geared toward the treatment of NTM disease.
- Support multi-centered initiatives to benefit NTM patients, physicians and researchers.
- Engage patients and physicians in our goal to increase awareness of NTM among government agencies, industry, insurance companies, and laboratories.
- NTMir will provide leadership at the national level to meet all goals through inclusive collaborative efforts, education and advocacy.
Click on a Board member's name to read their biography.
|Connie Kazanjian||Board Chair||Miami, FL|
|James Zimny, Jr.||Treasurer||Miami, FL|
|Philip Leitman||President||Miami, FL|
|Debbie Breslawsky||Director||New York, NY|
|Elizabeth Glaeser||Director||New York, NY|
|Amanda Morgan, M.D.||Director||Cleveland, OH|
|Sonia Zeledon, Esq.||Director||Miami, FL|
|Michael Iseman, MD||Board Emeritus||Denver, CO|
|Timothy Aksamit, MD||Mayo Clinic||Rochester, MN|
|Kevin Fennelly, MD||National Institutes of Health||Bethesda, MD|
|David Griffith, MD||University of Texas||Tyler, TX|
|Michael Iseman, MD||National Jewish Medical & Research Center||
|Richard Wallace, MD||University of Texas||Tyler, TX|